‘Fit India Movement’ launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on August 29. The day celebrated as National Sports Day.
‘Fit India Movement’ is coordinated by the Sports Ministry with the support of ministries information and broadcasting, HRD, Panchayati raj and rural development, health, and youth affairs.
HealthTEch and sports startups go ahead with new ideas and technology to get the benefit of the Fit India movement.
Currently, India’s fitness market is pegged at $3 billion. However this market is focussed on urban areas and is perhaps slowly trickling into smaller cities and towns of the country.
List of top indian healthtech and fitness startups
Many Indian HeathTech startups Like CureFit, healthifyme and GOQii already in the field to keep people healthy and fit by providing help on diet, exercise and providing experts views
Bengaluru-based HeathTech Startup founded in 2016 by Ankit Nagori and, Mukesh Bansal.
CureFit is an Indian health and fitness company offering digital and offline experiences across fitness, nutrition, and mental well-being.
- CureFit completed funding Round Series D and raised $120M on June 25 2019 from Accel, IDG Ventures,Kalaari Capital and Oaktree Capital Management.
- Startups also raised $120M in funding round Series C on Jul 30, 2018 led by investor Accel, IDG Ventures and Kalaari Capital.
- CureFit has raised a total of $294.6M in funding over 8 rounds from 24 investors.
CureFit operates gyms under Cult.Fit, healthy food offerings under Eat.Fit and mental wellness under name Mind.Fit
CureFit has the backing of Ratan Tata and Hritik Roshan who is also the brand ambassador.
HealthTech startup GOQii founded by Vishal Gondal in 2016. GOQii’s enterprise offering provides an end to end preventive wellness solution.
GOQii has raised a total of $51.7M in funding over 10 rounds from 14 investors. The latest funding was raised on Sep 3, 2019 from a Series C round lead by Bennett Coleman and Co Ltd and Niraj Arora as most recent investors.
- GOQii’s enterprise offering provides an end to end preventive wellness solution.
- GOQii smart preventive health plan provides 3 months, 6 months and a 12-month family care plan.
- GOQii plan provides teleconsultation with Doctor, Health Expert Consultations and free coaching.
GOQii is a preventive healthcare app that tracks and analysis the day to day activity and provides support to maintain quality health.
- HealthifyMe has raised a total of $25M in funding over 7 rounds funded by 17 investors.
- The latest funding was raised on Nov 16, 2018 from a Series B round.
- Samsung NEXT and NB Ventures are the most recent investors.
HealthifyMe is an application that allows its users to achieve their fitness and weight loss goals from their computers and smartphones. HealthifyMe has partnered with more than 75 companies in India and their app includes Ria, an AI nutritionist.
Mental HealthTech startups in focus
InnerHour is a Mumbai based online psychological wellness platform founded by Amit Malik.
Amit was also working as Commercial Director of a healthcare organisation, where he saw that technology could potentially help him answer his question. Inspired and driven, he set up InnerHour with Dr. Shefali Batra in 2016.
The focus has been on using technology to disrupt the way in which mental healthcare is delivered and consumed.
YourDOST is an Online counselling platform to connect with psychologists & counsellors for guidance related to personal, professional and academic matters.
Wysa is an AI conversational agent that has been shown to help improve mental health. Wysa is a virtual coach that combines empathetic listening with evidence-based therapeutic techniques like CBT, meditation and motivational interviewing.
Many corporate groups like Cognizant, Godrej, Accenture, Infosys, and American Express tie-up with healthcare app and provide round-the-clock healthcare consultation services to employees and dependents.
Bollywood actors Akshay Kumar, Madhuri Dixit, Rutik Roshan, Deepika Padukone are brand ambassadors of these apps and creating awareness in the country regarding Fitness, exercise, healthy eating, and sleep patterns.