SIDBI invest Rs 3123.20 crore on Indian startups ecosystem
Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) is to monitor the funding and Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) is the operating agency to fund the StartUps. SEBI registered alternative investment funds (AIF) have invested Rs 1,701.03 crore in 254 startups even as the government has set up Rs 10,000-crore Fund of Funds for Startups (FFS). Rs 512.57 crore out of Rs 1,701.03 crore have been drawn from FFS.
SIDBI has committed to invest Rs 3123.20 crore as on July 10, 2019, to 47 AIFs, Piyush Goyal said adding that the funds have raised a corpus fund of Rs 25,728 crore.
Government of India created a fund to support the Stratups, with 10,000-crore Fund of Funds for Startups (FFS).
The funded startups classification
- 17.29 % in IT and ITeS and consumer sectors
- 12.03 % in financial services
- 11.28 % in healthcare
- 7.14 % in media
- 6.02 % in logistics
- 5.26 % in food and beverages
- 4.14 % in education
- 3.38 % in foreign investment etc.
Region-wise funding in Indian StartUps
- Four southern states and Telangana had a maximum density in terms of number and amount of investments in startups — 101 and Rs 622.23 crore.
- Rajasthan, NCR, Punjab, Haryana, UP, Uttarakhand saw 71 investments worth Rs 472.04 crore
- 69 investments in Maharashtra and Gujarat totaling Rs 477.26 crore.
- Madhya Pradesh and West Bengal received two investments worth Rs 53.85 crore.